Having the best Privacy Specialist at AdvantageCare Physicians enables us to achieve our vision to be the preferred care destination for our patients and the communities we serve. At AdvantageCare Physicians, our mission is to focus care on the needs of our patients and partner with them in the pursuit of better health.
AdvantageCare Physicians (ACPNY) is one of the largest physician-led multi-specialty practice in the New York metropolitan area, serving half a million patients across Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island and Long Island. At ACPNY, patients receive individualized coordinated care from a compassionate team focused on helping them live their healthiest lives.
Our 30+ professionally managed, multi-specialty physician practices are designed to deliver convenient, comprehensive and community-based care. At AdvantageCare Physicians primary and specialty care is coordinated through an integrated network of full-service medical offices, regional specialty referral hubs, urgent care centers and strategic hospital affiliations across Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island and Long Island.
Under the direction of the Privacy Officer assumes primary responsibility for the intake of allegations submitted through the ACPNY Compliance and privacy helplines including initial investigation, response, escalation and documentation of matters. Responsible for the follow-up and resolution of exceptions identified through the Break the Glass, Friends and Family report reviews. Primary role is the performance of privacy-related functions that support the daily operations of our Privacy Program.
· Assumes primary responsibility for the initial screening of, timely investigation, and triaging of HIPAA/HITECH and other Privacy matters for ACPNY and its subsidiaries; ensures an efficient and transparent investigation process is in place. Conducts thorough and comprehensive investigations including data gathering, analyses, interviews, and report writing under the direction of the Privacy Officer.
· Performs privacy program audits, and reviews areas previously audited to confirm proper corrective action or recommendation(s) have been implemented.
· Continuously improves the methodology(ies), policies and procedures to maintain appropriate documentation for all privacy investigation activities, including detailed log of all allegations, information related to affected parties, investigation details, and risk assessments.
· Provides support to the Privacy Officer in meeting federal and state authority requirements, including the Office of Civil Rights, regarding breach notification and follow-up on behalf of ACPNY as well as updating and maintenance of Business Associate Agreements, HIPAA policies and providing training and in-services.
· Provides support to the Privacy Officer in managing the breach notification process, as well as any internal/external call teams set up to address breaches, patient questions and complaints.
· Prepares draft management reports regarding privacy investigations and progress for review by Privacy Officer.
· Performs other job-related duties as assigned.