Having the best Epic Trainer at AdvantageCare Physicians enables us to achieve our vision to be the preferred care destination for our patients and the communities we serve. At AdvantageCare Physicians, our mission is to focus care on the needs of our patients and partner with them in the pursuit of better health.
AdvantageCare Physicians (ACPNY) is one of the largest physician-led multi-specialty practice in the New York metropolitan area, serving half a million patients across Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island and Long Island. At ACPNY, patients receive individualized coordinated care from a compassionate team focused on helping them live their healthiest lives.
Our 30+ professionally managed, multi-specialty physician practices are designed to deliver convenient, comprehensive and community-based care. At AdvantageCare Physicians primary and specialty care is coordinated through an integrated network of full-service medical offices, regional specialty referral hubs, urgent care centers and strategic hospital affiliations across Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island and Long Island.
The Epic Trainer is responsible for planning, developing course materials, coordinating and presenting Epic or Epic related trainings for all end users including but not limited to ACPNY incumbent employees, ACPNY new hires or contracted staff.
• Facilitate training of Epic modules for all levels of the organization during New Hire Orientation.
• Deliver one-on-one support for Epic users as needed within the ACPNY foot print.
• Collaborate with colleagues on the development of /revise comprehensive training curricula, using various modalities.
• Collaborate with colleagues on the development and monitoring of comprehensive training plan and training documentation.
• Coordinate project training requirements and scheduling of resources with assistance.
• Monitor and review the progress of end user training by using questionnaires, observations or interviews and through discussions with organizational managers and Project Managers.
• Assist in resolving specific training issues, either on a one-to-one basis or in groups.
• Appropriately escalate issues to the leader or project director.
• Review and determine appropriate disposition of Epic related IT tickets.
• Assist in coordinating interactions and activities of vendors, both on-site and off-site.
• Perform other job-related duties as required.
• High School Diploma (R)
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field (R)
• Cross training (credentialed) in Epic applications as needed (R).
• Minimum 1 year experience in Epic applications training. (R)
• Additional years of experience or specialized training can be used in lieu of educational requirements (P)
• Ability to travel up to 60% of the work month within the ACPNY foot print(R)
• Travel as required to obtain Epic certifications (training is in Wisconsin) (R)
• Ability to obtain Epic credentialing / certification and New Version Testing in assigned application module. (R)
• Ability to plan and develop learning objectives and course materials, maintain accurate documentation and statistical data, and provide follow-up evaluation. (R)
• Capacity to manage multiple competing objectives and to communicate results in clear and unambiguous terms to management and end user personnel. (R)
• Knowledge of and the ability to use PC-based word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software to create teaching/learning materials and documentation. (R)
• Sharp attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy while compiling statistical data and course materials. (R)
• Ability to develop and adhere to time schedules in order to meet project deadlines and to sequence activities logically. (R)
• Excellent knowledge of English grammar and spelling for use in both verbal and written communication and record maintenance. (R)
• Interpersonal skills to function well in a wide range of administrative, management and patient care environments showing understanding, patience, and tact when dealing with physicians, staff, and the public. (R)
• Knowledge of training and documentation through education or equivalent work experience. (R)