AdvantageCare Physicians is the largest physician led outpatient Primary Care and Multi-Specialty medical office in the New York Metropolitan Area. With 36 medical offices in the Brooklyn, Long Island, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island, we aspire to be the preferred care destination for our patients and the communities we serve. This vision is accomplished through focusing our care on the needs of our patients as we partner with them in the pursuit of better health. Each and every day, our actions should be guided by these principles as we interact with our patients, each other and our communities. The values that drive the AdvantageCare Physicians culture include a caring attitude, quality focus, collaboration, excellence and good citizenship. By integrating these behaviors into our day-to-day operations, we can deliver the highest quality healthcare while also creating positive patient experiences.
We are seeking a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to provide medical services in collaboration with our primary care physicians. Join us in pursuit of high quality patient care to provide a full scope of primary care services including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventive care and health maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Obtain and document patient history as appropriate to chief complaint or reason for visit.
• Conduct relevant physical exam and evaluate patient, documenting pertinent positive and negative findings.
• Diagnose and treat disease and manage chronic illness.
• Prescribe medication in accordance with New York State and federal law.
• Order appropriate laboratory, radiological and special examinations or tests; interpret results.
• Provide preventative health services, including health education and counseling.
• Collaborate with other clinicians and staff members to ensure continuity of care of patients.
• Perform other job-related duties as required. Staff educational programs and meetings.
Education & Experience
• Master’s Degree required.
• Graduate of a Physician Assistant program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-
PA) or graduate of a Nurse Practitioner education program registered by the New York State Education Department.
• Seeking both experienced and newly trained providers
• Current NCCPA Board Certification from the National Commission on the Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) or Certification as a
Nurse Practitioner from a New York State approved accrediting body (ANCC) or be eligible for board certification.
• Must possess current, unrestricted New York State license or be eligible for licensure
• Must possess active Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration or be eligible for registration
• Must possess active Medicare/Medicaid Enrollment or be eligible to enroll
• BLS or ACLS certification required but both strongly preferred
• Must possess strong communication skills both oral and written
• Comfortable with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system and Microsoft Office
Medical Office Hours of Operation
• Monday-Wednesday 8:00AM – 6:00PM
• Thursday 8:00AM – 8:00PM
• Friday 8:00AM – 5:00PM
• Saturday 8:00AM – 1:00PM
Competitive Benefit Package
• Competitive Base Salary
• Sign-on Bonus
• Malpractice Insurance
• Continuing Medical Education (CME) Reimbursement
• Medical/Dental/Vision Health Insurance
• 401K Retirement Plan